FIELD & DEMO DAY
When: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Where: Iowa State University Horticulture Research Station (map)
The annual Iowa Turfgrass Field and Demo Day hosted by Iowa State University will once again be held in the fall, on Wednesday, September 13. The Iowa Turfgrass Field and Demo Day brings people together from all across the turfgrass industry for a day of food, fun, networking, and a little education. All attendees receive complimentary: coffee, lemonade, water, donuts, BBQ lunch, and equipment and product demos.
Educational topics and speakers include:
- Cultivar Trials by Dr. Nick Christians
- Sports Turf Under Traffic by Thomas Donelan
- Weed Control Update by Dr. Adam Thoms
- Field Growth Regulator Trial Update by Thomas Gould
- Fungicide Trial Update by Dr. Adam Thoms
- Natural Product Herbicide Testing by Dr. Nick Christians
Pesticide applicator training sessions begin at 9 am and include restricted entry level, recognition of sensitive sites, right of way and pesticide labels. Continuing instructional credits are being offered to certified pesticide applicators for recertification of commercial or private licenses in categories 3O (Ornamental Pest), 3T (Turf Pest), 3OT (Ornamental and Turf Pest).
Cost: $40 per person