HISTORY

The Iowa Turfgrass Institute (ITI) was founded April 1, 1980. The original Board of Directors consisted of: John Bartholomew, Doyle Brittain, Del Brockshus, Richard Bruns, Bill Byers, Dr. Nick Christians, A.E. Cott, Dr. Charles Hall, Dave Holstad, Steve Tyler, and Doug Wilson. Steve Tyler acted as the first President.

The ITI was established for the purpose of fostering research, education and dissemination of information on turfgrass so as to benefit all users. A further purpose is to serve as liaison for turfgrass industry groups and Iowa State University (ISU), to support educational conferences, seminars, and field days presented by ISU and aid in financial support of work toward better turf for the benefit of the people of Iowa.

In 1995, ITI created a joint office in Ames in association with the Iowa Golf Course Superintendents Association (Iowa GCSA)Iowa Professional Lawn Care Association (IPLCA), and the Iowa Sports Turf Managers Association (ISTMA). In 2011, ITI, in addition to the other allied associations of the ITI, moved its office to Ankeny, where it remains today.

© 2018 Iowa Turfgrass InstituteAll rights reserved.

1605 North Ankeny Boulevard, Suite 210

Ankeny, Iowa 50023-4163

P: 515.635.0306

  • White Facebook Icon
  • White Twitter Icon